Lucid Stage is proud to host this year’s MeACT annual one-act play festival!
Saturday, April 21st 2012.
Information on presenting companies coming soon. In the mean time, here’s how to register yourself….
MeACT, Maine Association of Community Theaters, a Maine not-for-profit corporation, will be producing our annual one-act play festival and workshops for MeACT members.
What’s it all about?
- Have Fun – If we can’t do this the whole exercise is pointless.
- Have an annual scheduled event that doesn’t conflict with our seasonal productions ‘cause we’ve all included it in our own schedules.
- Comradery – Get to know other Community Theater groups and their members. We, who have been participating since MeACT’s inception, really enjoy getting together each year – it may be the only time we actually see each other all year.
- Share Information, Ideas & Innovations – not to mention props, costumes, scripts, techniques and training opportunities. The Festival workshops often provide a springboard for further discussion and cooperation.
- Act as an entry point for Maine Community Theater groups’ participation in AACT regional (via the New England Theatre Conference) and National and International festivals, should they desire to do so. Groups considering this avenue should consult the most recent edition of the AACT Festival handbook which is available online.
- For more information about MeACT and the 2010 Festival, contact email@example.com
For any theatre groups that are considering progressing competitively beyond the State level we follow the elements AACTFest handbook to AACT Regionals and/or Nationals. “It is recommended that performances submitted for competition must run no more than 60 minutes, not including set-up and strike unless these elements contribute to the performance.
If your group is interested in participating in a non-competitive manner (as most of our groups are) the time element is not as restrictive and allowance can be made but we do encourage a performance of less than 60 minutes (including set-up and strike) so as to keep the day manageable.
To enter the Festival, if your group is not a MeACT member, you will need to join MeACT, with annual membership dues of $30 for your entire group. Festival registration, a separate item, is an additional $30. All fees are used to defray the expenses associated with the Festival and the events which take place therein.
The registration fee is due no later than the day of the Festival. Registration Deadline is April 1st, 2012.
Once you decide to participate, please e-mail me the following information as soon as it is known.
Theater Group Name
Theater Phone, Theater E-mail and website
Title of One-Act Play
Further details on the schedule for the day, order of show presentation, workshops, etc. will be forthcoming after April 1st.